Questions & Answers
What is the Medway Business Club?
We are predominantly a networking club for professionals, students and business owners who are working or living in the Medway Towns. We also work closely with the community, in particular education and training providers to support young people to engage with the world of business even before entering the workplace or starting up their own enterprise.
Who can join?
We welcome members who are working or own a business in the Medway area, as well as young people (16-25 years of age) who would like to get involved in the networking events and/or assist in the management of the Club.
How much it is to join?
We charge a small fee of £10 for young people, £30 for individuals and £125 for an organisation who wishes to put forward up to five of their employees.
What do you use the membership fee for?
The fees are used to manage and promote the Club with any financial surplus ploughed back into community projects in the Medway Towns as agreed by the management committee.
How often, and when do you meet?
At the moment we are running our networking events on the last Friday of every month from 12.00pm to 2.00pm, with the opportunity to continue networking following the official closing of the event. We occasionally organise other events, such as ‘Charity fund raising Black Tie’ event once a year.
How can I get involved with the management of the Club?
We ask that you submit a 100 word application via the website: www.medwaybusinessclub.org/vacancies.html - the application will be reviewed the Vice President and he will respond to you within seven days with a decision.
What experience or qualifications do I need to join the management of the Club?
None, we are looking for individuals who are serious about making a difference in the Medway Towns, as well as develop their networks, skills and careers.
Why should I join?
· You will be part of a highly innovative and impactful networking organisation in Medway
· You will have many opportunities of getting involved in community projects
· You can apply to be on the management committee, or any of the sub-committees, building your management and team building skills
· You can support young people through mentoring, work experience, internships etc.
· You will have access to the ‘members only’ LinkedIn community
· You will have access to the Club’s ability to negotiate benefits from companies on your behalf
· You will have immediate access to a 15% discount on advertising with the local radio station, KMFM
· You can be proud that you are part of a networking club that is using its influence to generate opportunities for people of the Medway Towns
· You will receive a certificate to state that you are a member of the Club which can be produced or displayed which provides evidence that
you are engaging in Corporate Social Responsibility activities.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask by completing the form below
medway business club
bringing professionals together to support and develop the medway towns community
Become a member
Exclusive opportunities to promote your business and become part of the Medway Business & Education Community
A Networking Club that is managed and owned by its members
Margaret Wilson © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.